Casual snapshots of exhibits and grounds as you tour the Museum are encouraged, as we appreciate you and your family choosing to make some family memories with us. For other purposes, such as professional/commercial photographs and events, engagement or wedding photography, including any photography from which income is derived, the policy of the Oklahoma Railway Museum is as follows:
Professional photography may be conducted in designated areas by appointment only. During Museum hours, the fee for professional photography is $25/hour and must be submitted prior to the photo session. The fee for after-hours photography is $75/hour. All photographers are required to check in at the Museum office upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images. Filming before or after Museum business hours must be arranged through the Museum’s Administrator at405-424-8222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still photography, filming, and digital imaging of the Museum’s structures, rolling stock and collection are permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Any commercial use of imaging is strictly prohibited without the expressed written permission of the Oklahoma Railway Museum.
Commercial use includes any commercial venture that intends to publish, sell, reproduce, transfer, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit images of the Museum’s structures, rolling stock and collection.
- The safety of Museum visitors is of utmost importance. Film, video and still photography for commercial and non-commercial use will not be permitted if it disrupts or interferes with visitors’ use and enjoyment of the Museum’s facilities during posted public hours.
- All safety guidelines must be adhered to and no climbing on equipment is permitted.
- A tripod or monopod is permitted for film, video and still photography for non-commercial use on site during normal hours of operation as long as it does not block any walkways or interfere with visitor traffic or our visitor’s experience.
- No power or electrical hookups will be provided by the Museum for non-commercial film, video or still photography.
- The Museum reserves the right to refuse permission for commercial or non-commercial film, video and still photography that is determined to not be in the best interests of the Museum.
- If personal photos or film footage taken at the Museum are to be sold to an outside source or are to be printed for use in a publication, Museum approval must be given and an agreement stating the intended use must be signed prior to the sale or publication date.
- Because the Oklahoma Railway Museum is open to the public, no special arrangements can be made to quarantine an area from normal visitor traffic. All filming and photography must be conducted without disruption to Museum operations or limiting to access to exhibitions, entrances/exits, high traffic areas or other locations of interest to Museum visitors.
Commercial / Special Photography / Filming Inquiries
Photography for any commercial purposes requires the written permission of the Oklahoma Railroad Museum. The Museum reserves the right to charge fees for commercial-based filming and photography, which may include site and permission to use fees. Fees are determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the nature and purpose of the project, its intended market, its potential promotional value to the Museum, time of day, time of year, disruption to exhibits and guests, access to behind-the-scenes areas, the impact of the production upon staff, length of stay, and the extent to which the Museum is required to support the project.
Commercial and special photography arrangements must be made at least one week in advance by calling. Filming arrangements must be made at least one month in advance. Location scouting visits can also be arranged at 405.424.8222 or by emailing us. Prior notice does not guarantee access, so please request access as early as possible for best availability of accommodation.
For additional information and inquiries concerning general, commercial, special photography, and licensing agreements, email us.
The Museum asks that members of the press interested in the Museum contact the Museum to discuss your project, make arrangements, or for questions. Email us or call 405.424.8222. Please try to schedule press visits at least one business day in advance to ensure the Museum can accommodate your request.
Disclaimer Concerning All Photography
With respect to any photographs taken at the Museum, the Museum makes no representations or warranties concerning the subject matter of such photographs. To the extent such photography incorporates individuals or depicts copyrighted materials, the photographer shall have sole responsibility for obtaining any necessary releases or consents to use such likenesses or materials.