This car was built as a tourist sleeper car in 1913 by the Pullman Palace Car Company. Builder’s No. 108028. The Saint Louis & San Francisco (Frisco) RR purchased the car in 1950 and converted it into a maintenance-of-way bunk and kitchen car. It was acquired by the ORM in May, 2001, from the Capital Steel Company.
The car was going to be cut up for scrap: Capitol Steel was happy to donate the car to the Museum on the condition that it be moved as soon as possible. The Museum converted it to a Display Car in 2002, and it now houses railroad artifacts and displays.