This car was built in 1938 by the Budd Company as Santa Fe No. 3105, a 52 seat chair car (coach). AT&SF No. 3105 was part of the first EL CAPITAN trainset, which entered service in February 1938. The car was sold to the Penn Central RR in November of 1969 where it was converted into a 108 seat commuter-coach, No. 2413.
Built by the Budd Company in 1938 for the Santa Fe RR, it is believed that this car was Santa Fe No. 3199, a 51 seat chair/observation car. If this car is No. 3199, then it was on the inaugural run of the EL CAPITAN. In November of 1960, the Santa Fe converted the car into a standard 44 seat coach by squaring the observation end.
This dinner was built by the Budd Company in 1942 for the AT&SF (Santa Fe) RR. It was part of the SUPER CHIEF in the 1940’s, the CHIEF in the 1950’s, and finally the TEXAS CHIEF in the 1960’s. Previous owners include the Santa Fe RR (No. 1492) and Amtrak (No. 8037).
Pullman Standard built this car in December 1950 with Builders No. 3265. The Great Northern RR named it “Priest River,” No. 1197, and used it on their train, the Empire Builder: one drawing room, 2 bedrooms, and a buffet/observation room.
This coach was built by Pullman Car Company in 1915 for the Union Pacific RR, Serial No. 904530. It was originally built as an open-rear-platform observation/café/lounge car, No. 1520. It was remodeled in 1932 & 1941. The road number was changed to No. 1505 after one of its remodels.
Built by the American Car & Foundry Company in July 1929, Commuter Combine #7721 was originally operated by the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad. The ORM purchased this car from the Guthrie Arts Council in January 2004. The Arts Council had purchased this car along with several others from the Dodge City Ford & Bucklin Railroad. This car is wheelchair accessible.
This combine (passenger/baggage) was built by the American Car & Foundry Company in 1921 as Railway Express Agency No. 6015 for the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific RR. It was modernized (streamlined) in 1940 into a baggage dorm for use on the Arizona Limited and the Golden State Limited.
We believe this is Rock Island (CRI&P) RR car No. 720, originally a Railway Post Office car. If it is No. 720, it was built in 1929 by the Pullman Car Company, originally No. 3500. It was then rebuilt in 1952 by the Rock Island RR. The roller bearing wheelsets suggest it was modernized for Rocket Service.
This baggage car was built by the American Car & Foundry Company in 1927 for service on the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific RR, No. 4119. It was converted to tool car, No. 96155, in 1957. The car was donated to the Oklahoma Railway Museum by the Union Pacific RR. It currently houses a model train exhibit.
This car was built as a tourist sleeper car in 1913 by the Pullman Palace Car Company. Builder’s No. 108028. The Saint Louis & San Francisco (Frisco) RR purchased the car in 1950 and converted it into a maintenance-of-way bunk and kitchen car. It was acquired by the ORM in May, 2001, from the Capital Steel Company.