This unique one-of-a-kind inspection car was built in 1973 at the Katy’s (M-K-T) shops in Denison, TX, from a former 40’ all-steel Pullman-Standard boxcar. The car was painted green and used by M-K-T’s operating department between 1973-1988.
Builder Winter – Weiss, Denver, CO. Built in 1924. Acquired in 1985. Previous owner: Southern San Luis Valley Railroad, a subsidery of the Colorado Aggregrate Company.
This velocipede was built by the Sheffield Velocipede Car Company. It is made of white ash. The spokes in the front wheel are wood, and the wheels are cast iron. The rear wheel is a replacement.
This derrick car was built by the Fairmont Company, date unknown. It belonged initially to the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRI&P). The car then went to the North Central Oklahoma Railway and finally to the Museum.
This hand car was built by the Sheffield Velocipede Car Company, date unknown. Prior to the 1970’s, it was donated to the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds. In June of 2015, it was donated to the Oklahoma Railway Museum. It has been restored by Museum volunteers.
This motor car, Class ST-2H, was built by the Fairmont Railway Motors Company of Minnesota, date unknown. It was operated by the Denver & Ft. Worth RR.
This motor car was built by the Fairmont Railway Motors Company in 1984, Class MT19 A-2-9. It was sold to the Southern Pacific Transportation Company of California which operated the car in its Maintenance of Way Department (Inventory No. E1492).
This car was built in 1927 by the American Car & Foundry Company for the Southern Pacific RR with an original road number of SP 6701. Later on, it was converted to a tool car and put into service as SPMW 6029, a Maintenance of Way car.
This “crane car” was built in 1964 by General Steel Industries, Inc., of Granite City, IL. It was used by the Missouri Pacific RR as an “idler car” for a crane (such as OGE No. 2299) when in transit.