Locomotives

OKRX 48 - SW 8OKRX 48 – SW 8

This engine was built in 1952 by General Motors’ Electromotive Division for the US Army. It saw service in Korea during the war as No. 2034. After re-manufacture at Hill Air Force base in September 1987, the locomotive was delivered to the Army Ammunition plant in McAlister, OK, on Nov. 18, 1987.

Read More


OKRX 814 - EMD F9AOKRX 814 – EMD F9A

This locomotive was built by General Motors’ Electromotive Division in September 1954 with Builders No. 19741. The original owner was the Northern Pacific Railway Company, and the unit had Road Number 7003-D.

Read More


OKRX 301 - GE 45-tonOKRX 301 – GE 45-ton

This GE 45-ton locomotive, OKRX 301, was built by General Electric in 1941 (Builders No. – 13059) for the US Army, Road No. 1202. It was rebuilt in September 1982. Previous owners: US Army at Ft. Leavenworth, KS; Dodge City, Ford & Bucklin RR, KS; and Vulcan Chemicals, Wichita, KS.

Read More


ATSF 2571 - EMD CF7ATSF 2571 – EMD CF7

This engine was built by General Motors’ Electromotive Division in about 1949 as an F7A, # 202L, a “covered wagon” similar to the Museum’s F9A, OKRX 814. In the 1970’s, the AT&SF Railroad needed road engines that could also function as switch engines.

Read More


ATSF 90 - EMD FP45ATSF 90 – EMD FP45

This engine was built by General Motors’ Electromotive Division (Builders No. 33189) in December 1967 as AT&SF (Santa Fe) No. 100. The previous owner of this FP45 locomotive was the Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railway, later the BNSF. Prime mover: 20 cylinder-645E3, 3600 HP.

Read More


PORTER 0-6-0TPORTER 0-6-0T

A 50-ton side-tank style locomotive built by the H. K. Porter Company in September, 1942. Builders number 7486. The original owner was the U. S. Army Corps Of Engineers – road no. 5006, PO 57198, C of E spec T-1557. This engine was donated to the museum by OG&E.

Read More


ROCK ISLAND 743 - ALCO RS1ROCK ISLAND 743 – ALCO RS1

This RS1 locomotive was built by the American Locomotive Works (ALCO) in May, 1943, with a Builders No. 70817 (Phase II RS 1). The original owner was the CRI&P RR (Rock Island) with a Road Number of 743.

Read More


OKRX 2 - ALCO RS3OKRX 2 – ALCO RS3

This locomotive, OKRX 2, and its sister, OKRX 3, were built by the American Locomotive Works in May 1955 for the Magma Copper Company, a subsidiary of the San Manuel Copper Company. Both units have Model 244 12-cylinder prime movers.

Read More


OKRX 3 - ALCO RS3OKRX 3 – ALCO RS3

The American Locomotive Works built this engine, OKRX 3, and its sister, OKRX 2, in 1955 for the Magma Copper Company, a subsidiary of the San Manuel Copper Company.

Read More


AT&SF Locomotive #643 RelocationAT&SF Locomotive #643

Steamer No. 643 was originally built by Hinkley in 1879 for the ATSF (Santa Fe) Railway as a 4-4-0 No. 73. It was named the “H. C. Hardon.” The Santa Fe Railway converted No. 73 in 1897 into a 2-8-0, renumbering it as No. 933.

Read More


OG&E #2299 - Self-propelled CraneOG&E #2299 – Self-propelled Crane

This self-propelled crane was built in 1954 by the American Hoist & Derrick Company with a 25 ton capacity. It was operated by OG&E a the the Mustang Power Plant. The crane was donated to the Museum by OG&E.

Read More


Share This Page
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone