The ORM has three “auto boxcars”: CONX 50001, CONX 50014, and CONEX 50020. They were originally built in 1928 by the General American Transportation Corporation, Class FE-S, with wood bodies, and steel underframes and ends.
CONX 50014, sister to CONX 50001, was built in 1928 by the General American Transportation Corporation as Class FE-S with a wood body and steel underframe and ends. It was rebuilt in 1940 in Topeka, KS, as a Class FE-22.
One of three “auto boxcars” at the ORM, this car was originally built in 1928 as a Class FE-S by the General American Transportation Corporation. It was rebuilt at Topeka, KS, in 1941 as a Class FE-23 with a road number ATSF 6919.
Little is known about this boxcar. At one time, it was owned and operated by the CRI&P (Rock Island) RR, road number ROCK 506000. It was painted a sky-blue color. This boxcar was donated to the Oklahoma Railway Museum in 2014 by the HIS Paint Manufacturing Company of Oklahoma City, OK.
This 40-foot, ice bunker, refrigerator car is believed to have been used on the Wisconsin Central Car Lines. The car carries the logo of the Needham Packing Company, Inc., and was apparently used to transport meat products. It now houses the Museum’s wood shop.
Little is known about this old wooden boxcar. It was probably built shortly after 1917 and operated by the ATSF RR as a Class BXX boxcar. It is missing its trucks.
Tank car, single dome. Built in May 1923. Donated to the ORM by the Continental Oil Company of Ponca City, OK.
Tank car, single-dome. Built in May 1923. Donated to the ORM by Continental Oil Company of Ponca City, OK.
Tank car, single-dome. Built by the American Car & Foundry Company in 1943. Type T-43. Donated to the ORM by the Continental Oil Company of Ponca City, OK. Capacity: 110,000 gal. Light Weight: 58,700 lbs.
Tank car, single-dome. Built in October 1965. TTC TX 11-77. Donated to the ORM by the Continental Oil Company of Ponca City, OK. Capacity: 140,000 gal. Light weight: 80,000 lbs.
This car was built in June of 1953. Builders No. Class F-70-12. It was rebuilt Sept. 1965. The previous owner was the Union Pacific RR. Before being donated to the Museum, this car was used as piggyback unloading ramp in the old Rock Island yard in downtown Oklahoma City. In 2003, it was modified by the Museum into a passenger-riding car.
This flat car was built in 1963. Previous owners: Quest Communications and the Southern Pacific Railroad No. 5051. Donated to the Museum by Bob Hussey.
This flat car was built in 1964. Previous owners: Quest Communications and the Southern Pacific Railroad No. 5053.