Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
Submit application form, resume, and contact information of three references to Oklahoma Railway Museum 3400 NE Grand Blvd. Oklahoma City OK 73111 or email it to email@example.com Submit by July 28, 2017 for full consideration.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. If assistance is needed, contact ORM at (405) 424-8222. The position is contingent upon available funding.
General Job Description
The volunteer coordinator supervises volunteers at the Oklahoma Railway Museum and provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions within the museum. The volunteer coordinator will be under the supervision of the museum administrator and will work closely in conjunction with the board President.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities.
- Survey staff and board regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Recommend efficient use of volunteers.
- Conduct new volunteer orientation and provide training when applicable.
- Schedule all volunteer activity and prioritize projects to be worked on.
- Develop and manage policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Oversee volunteer appreciation practices and events.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation using Volunteer Management Software.
- Recruit and assign volunteers to appropriate areas of work at the museum based on their personal needs and skills.
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community.
- Network with local schools, colleges, and businesses to publicize opportunities for volunteers.
- Provide support and guidance for volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteers have the necessary supplies and training to complete their tasks.
- Job-related experience such as working in a museum or nonprofit, managing people, or leading teams.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized, reliable, and willing to take initiative.
- Team player who can communicate effectively with others.
- An interest in museum work and/or railroading is preferred.
This is a part time position that will require 24 hours a week. Weekends are required, as that is when most of our volunteers are present. The anticipated schedule would be Thursday – Saturday. Attending some board meetings will be necessary, as well.