We’re excited to announce that Thomas is returning to the Oklahoma Railway Museum! Take a ride with Thomas, meet the railway controller Sir Topham Hatt, have fun in the Imagination Station, see authentic engines and enjoy tons of other activities.
Tickets are $18 for ages two and older on both Saturday and Sunday. Fridays tickets are $16.00 each. Tickets purchases of 20 or more are $14. A children under two rides free as a lap child. Service charges apply for advance purchases. Advanced purchase of tickets is highly recommended, as the rides often sell out. Our event runs from 8 AM until 6 PM, and we’ll be out having fun, rain or shine.
Trains run at 9:00. 9:50, 10:40, 11:30, 12:20, 1:10, 2:00, 2:50, 3:40, and 4:30. Seating is available in:
- Car A – Coach with air-conditioning
- Car B – Coach with air-conditioning
- Car C – Coach with ADA seating and windows that open
- Car D – Coach with air-conditioning coach seats and cafe seating at tables and chairs
- Car E – Diner with air-conditioning (no food service)
- Car F – Caboose with windows that open
- Car G – Open air bench car with roof
- View pictures of the cars
A few remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the Oklahoma Railway Museum ONLY on the day of the ride. To purchase tickets by phone call 1-866-468-7630. Credit cards accepted for tickets and gift shop. Cash is recommended for food vendors. ATM on site.
What To Expect
- A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- An opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of The Railway
- Activities for the whole family, including arts & crafts, storytelling, video viewing, live music, miniature golf, model train layout, magician, ventriloquist, two moon walks, Mom-O the Clown, and climbing and slide playground.
- Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways focusing on steam engines and diesel engines to celebrate the 2013 Thomas & Friends DVD movie “Day of the Diesels”
- Storytelling, video viewing and live music
- View our Frequently Asked Questions about Day Out with Thomas
About the Tour
All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine invites little engineers to join him for a day of friendship and family fun at Day Out with Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017. Children everywhere can spend the day with their friend Thomas when the #1 Engine pulls into the Oklahoma Railway Museum presented by Mattel.
This fun-filled event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends™ series. Children will ride along with their favorite hero on his latest adventure. The tour, now in its 22nd year, will make stops in more than 45 US cities, and is expected to welcome more than one million passengers in 2017.
In celebration of this year’s theme, Day Out With Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017 will feature an array of friendship-inspired activities. Attendees will be able to participate in events that encourage and celebrate friendship including photo opportunities, crafts, and a fun activity that invites kids to collect passport stamps throughout the day to receive a trio of Day Out With Thomas friendship bracelets. The 2017 tour theme is in line with this year’s Thomas & Friends global brand campaign, ‘Set Friendship in Motion’ – a campaign that ties together content, social integrations, and event activations across the entire Thomas & Friends franchise to highlight the importance of first friendships and the development of key friendship skills in toddlers.
Next Train Rides
- September 29
- September 30
- October 1
- October 6
- October 7
- October 8