After re-manufacture at Hill Air Force base in September 1987, the locomotive was delivered to Army Ammunition plant in McAlister OK. Nov. 18, 1987. From there it was transferred to Fort Sill OK Augest 17 1992. While at Fort Sill the engine was sent to Tulsa for painting and when returned there were flat spots on wheels on axles 1,2,&4. ORM had to have wheels turned before locomotive could be shipped to OKC.
Built by EMD September 1954. Builders no. 19741 Northern Pacific Railway Co. was the original owner and the unit had road number 7003-D. When the NP merged into the Burlington Northern Railroad the number changed to 814. Locomotive retired and donated to ORM in 1982. The original prime mover was a 567C converted to a model 645.
GE 45 TON LOCOMOTIVE - OKRX 301 Builder General Electric Built 1941 - for US Army, Road # 1202 Rebuilt 9/82 Builders No. - 13059 . Date acquired - 2000 Donated by Dan Rohrback & Vulcan Chemical Co. Previous owners Dodge City Ford & Bucklin Vulcan Chemicals - Wichita, Kansas US Army at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas
Originally an F7A, # 202L, a covered wagon similar to the museums F9A, OKRX 814. It was converted to CF7 road switcher configuration in 1972 by AT&SF at their Cleburne TX shops. Donated to the ORM in 2012 by Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad. In the 1970’s, AT&SF needed road engines that could also function as switch engines but couldn’t afford to buy new ones. They had many F7’s lying around that could be used but the “covered wagon” body would have made switching work difficult. AT&SF determined that the F7 could be converted to look more like a freight engine where the engineer could see well in both directions. The converted F7 units were given the new designation “CF7”. Weight: Fuel: 1250 gallons Status: Down for Repair.
ALCO RS1 NO. 743 Built by American Locomotive Works in May 1943 Builders No. 70817 ( Phase II RS 1 ) Donated to museum by Eddie Birch Jr. & Jim Terrell in 2000. Renumbered to 743 Year Previous owners : Road number 1941 Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 743 1968 Hyman-Michaels on 3/31/68 Birmingham Rail & Loco Chattahoochee Valley 743 1973 Birmingham Southern 243 1974 South Hopkins Coal Co. Jiggs 1981 Sidney & Lowe Rail Road 243 1986 Eddie Birch Jr. & Jim Terrell 243 2000 Oklahoma Railway Museum 743 Locomotive's paint schemes over the years
A 50 ton saddle tank style locomotive built by H. K. Porter company in September 1942. Builders number 7486. Original owner was U. S. Army Corps Of Engineers - road no. 5006, PO 57198, C of E spec T-1557. Sold to Oklahoma Gas & Electric who used it at the Horse Shoe Power plant in Harrah Ok. switching coal cars.
Built by EMD in1967 - Rebuilt 9/82 Builders No. 33189 Donated by Burlington Northen Santa Fe Railroad in 2000 Previous owners BNSF RR, Atchison Topeka & Sante Fe Railway Prime mover 20-645E3 - 3600 HP - Weight 399,000 lb. Class engine #90 was built in December 1967 as Santa Fe 100. Right out of the box, the 100 and sister 102 had the honor of leading the record-breaking inaugural run of the westbound Super C, a high-priority, 79 mile-per-hour freight train from Chicago to Los Angeles in January 1968. Following this grand entrance, the 100 settled down to pulling Santa Fe's finest passenger trains. It was renumbered into the 5940-series along with the rest of the FP45's in March 1970, as part of the 1969/70 general renumbering. With the coming of Amtrak in 1971, the FP45's were reassigned to freight duties, and sometime in late 1971 or early 1972, the 5940 shed its flashy red and silver warbonnet for Santa Fe's more mundane blue and yellow freight scheme. Within a few years, it was repainted again into the blue and yellow warbonnet scheme. The Santa Fe remained committed to first class passenger trains even while other railroads were decreasing or completely abandoning passenger service. Nine 3600 hp FP45 locomotives numbered 100-108 were delivered for service on the El Capitan and Super Chief in 1967, painted in the classic red and silver "warbonnet" colors which had graced Santa Fe's diesel passenger locomotives since 1937. Santa Fe ended passenger service with the coming of Amtrak in 1971 and the FP45s were assigned to freight service for the remainder of their careers, other than occasional use pulling business and special trains. In 1989 it was decided that all new locomotives would be delivered in the red and silver warbonnet paint, called the "Super Fleet." The FP45s were repainted into a version of the paint scheme in which they were delivered. These locomotives were renumbered several times with number 90 as the last of its kind in active service on the railroad before being donated by the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway in December of 1999.
Built by American Locomotive Works in May 1955 for Magma Copper co. which is a subsidiary of San Manuel Copper Co. Both units have model 244 12 cylinder prime movers. Sold to Blacklands Railroad in Sulphur Springs Texas. Member Jim Terrell purchased both units plus many spare parts and donated No 2 to museum. No 2 has been repainted and is is being made operational.